With fruity filling and nutty topping, these attractive bars taste like they cost a pretty penny.—Jane Acree, Holcomb, Illinois
- 2-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 jar (12 ounces) raspberry preserves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine 2-1/2 cups flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. Beat in butter just until moistened. Set aside 2 cups for topping.
- Pat remaining oat mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss apples with remaining flour; stir in the preserves. Spread over hot crust to within 1/2 in. of edges. Combine nuts and reserved oat mixture; sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Apple-Berry Streusel Bars in Taste of Home June/July 2000, p13
Reviews for Apple-Berry Streusel Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 28, 2012
"These bars are delicious and very easy to make. Great to take to a picnic or potluck. I've made them a few times and never have any leftovers."