- 2-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 jar (12 ounces) raspberry preserves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine 2-1/2 cups flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. Beat in butter just until moistened. Set aside 2 cups for topping.
- Pat remaining oat mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss apples with remaining flour; stir in the preserves. Spread over hot crust to within 1/2 in. of edges. Combine nuts and reserved oat mixture; sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Apple-Berry Streusel Bars in Taste of Home June/July 2000, p13
Reviews for Apple-Berry Streusel Bars(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 28, 2012
These bars are delicious and very easy to make. Great to take to a picnic or potluck. I've made them a few times and never have any leftovers.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Recipes >
- Bar Recipes >
- Budget Dessert Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Raspberry Bars >
- Raspberry Recipes >
- Streusel Topping >