Apple-Berry Crumb Pie
This delectable pie saves time and effort because you don’t have to roll out a crust or cut up any apples!
Laurie Jonas - Portage, WI
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, brown
- sugar and butter; set aside 3/4 cup for topping. Press remaining
- mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie
- plate. Bake 13-17 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In another bowl, combine pie filling, cranberries, lemon juice and
- cinnamon. Spoon into crust. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until topping is lightly browned. Cool on a
- wire rack. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece (calculated without ice cream) equals 400 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 140 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.