This delectable pie saves time and effort because you don’t have to roll out a crust or cut up any apples! Laurie Jonas - Portage, WI
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar and butter; set aside 3/4 cup for topping. Press remaining mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake 13-17 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In another bowl, combine pie filling, cranberries, lemon juice and cinnamon. Spoon into crust. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until topping is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Apple-Berry Crumb Pie in Simple & Delicious November/December 2009, p51
Reviews for Apple-Berry Crumb Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review