Apple Beet Salad Recipe
From Hattiesburg, Mississippi, field editor Shirley Glaab relays, "Tart apples and pickled beets add zest to this colorful salad."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups diced peeled apples
- 2 cups diced pickled beets
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Gently fold in apples and beets. If desired, serve on a lettuce-lined plate and top with chopped egg. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 99 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 271 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC