Apple Beet Salad
From Hattiesburg, Mississippi, field editor Shirley Glaab relays, "Tart apples and pickled beets add zest to this colorful salad."
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups diced peeled apples
- 2 cups diced pickled beets
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 1 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Egg, chopped, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Gently fold in apples
- and beets. If desired, serve on a lettuce-lined plate and top with
- chopped egg. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 99 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 271 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.