From Hattiesburg, Mississippi, field editor Shirley Glaab relays, "Tart apples and pickled beets add zest to this colorful salad."
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups diced peeled apples
- 2 cups diced pickled beets
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Gently fold in apples and beets. If desired, serve on a lettuce-lined plate and top with chopped egg. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Apple Beet Salad in Taste of Home August/September 1996, p17
Reviews for Apple Beet Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review