Apple-Beef Panini Recipe
- 4 slices multigrain bread
- 2 slices reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons horseradish sauce
- 1/2 medium apple, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces sliced deli roast beef
- Cooking spray
- 1. Layer two bread slices with cheese, horseradish sauce, apple and beef. Top with remaining bread. Spritz outsides of sandwiches with cooking spray.
- 2. Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill for 3-4 minutes or until bread is browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich equals 317 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 742 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.