Apple BBQ Chicken
You only need a few ingredients to create this sweet and peppery chicken. The subtle flavor of apple makes this tender barbecue dish stand out from the rest.—Darla Andrews, Lewisville, Texas
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/3 cups chunky applesauce
- 1-1/3 cups barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper. In each of two large skillets, brown
- chicken in oil on both sides. Combine the remaining ingredients;
- pour over chicken. Cover and cook 7-10 minutes longer or until a
- thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 8 servings.
Serve immediately; or cool chicken and transfer to a freezer container and freeze for up to 3 months.
To use frozen chicken: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Cover and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until heated through, stirring once.
Wine: Blush Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.