- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/3 cups chunky applesauce
- 1-1/3 cups barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper. In each of two large skillets, brown chicken in oil on both sides. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over chicken. Cover and cook 7-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Apple BBQ Chicken in Complete Freezer Cookbook bookazine 2012 2012, p78
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Apple BBQ Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review