Apple Bavarian Torte Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5-1/2 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 6 medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in flour and vanilla until blended. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Pour over crust. In another large bowl, toss apples with cinnamon and remaining sugar. Spoon over cream cheese layer.
- 3. Bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 400°; bake 25 minutes. Sprinkle almonds over top; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Remove sides of pan before slicing. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice: 213 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Apple Bavarian Torte
"YUM! YUM! YUM! This torte has become a favorite desert!"
"Made this exactly as written. Not only tasted great but made a nice presentation."