Apple Bavarian Torte Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5-1/2 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 6 medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in flour and vanilla until blended. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Pour over crust. In another large bowl, toss apples with cinnamon and remaining sugar. Spoon over cream cheese layer.
- 3. Bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 400°; bake 25 minutes. Sprinkle almonds over top; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Remove sides of pan before slicing. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice: 213 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Apple Bavarian Torte
"YUM! YUM! YUM! This torte has become a favorite desert!"
"Made this exactly as written. Not only tasted great but made a nice presentation."