My husband and I had just moved to Dallas when I first made this recipe. Everything was new—new city, new home—but this dish felt familiar and comforting. —Darla Andrews, Lewisville, Texas
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) sweet and spicy barbecue sauce
- 2 cups applesauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Sprinkle drumsticks with pepper. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Brown drumsticks in batches; drain. Remove from pan.
- Add remaining ingredients to pan, stirring to combine. Return chicken to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 20-25 minutes or until chicken is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Apple Barbecue Chicken in Simple & Delicious October/November 2014
Reviews for Apple Barbecue Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review