- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) sweet and spicy barbecue sauce
- 2 cups applesauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Sprinkle drumsticks with pepper. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Brown drumsticks in batches; drain. Remove from pan.
- Add remaining ingredients to pan, stirring to combine. Return chicken to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 20-25 minutes or until chicken is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Apple Barbecue Chicken in Simple & Delicious October/November 2014
Reviews for Apple Barbecue Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 28, 2015
"I made this recipe with boneless skinless chicken breast instead of the drumsticks. It was an instant hit with our children and they have requested it again many, many times since this past Fall. Easy, delicious recipe."