"This special oatmeal gets me going in the morning and makes me feel great all day," reports Linda Hocking of Mackay, Idaho. "My husband and son race mountain bikes, so they need foods like this that provide energy."
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup chopped unpeeled tart apple
- 1/4 cup sliced firm banana
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup oat bran
- Brown sugar, optional
- In a saucepan, combine water, orange juice concentrate, apple, banana, raisins, salt if desired and cinnamon; bring to a boil. Stir in oats and oat bran. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with brown sugar if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Apple-Banana Oatmeal in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p12
Reviews for Apple-Banana Oatmeal
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review