- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup chopped unpeeled tart apple
- 1/4 cup sliced firm banana
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup oat bran
- Brown sugar, optional
- In a saucepan, combine water, orange juice concentrate, apple, banana, raisins, salt if desired and cinnamon; bring to a boil. Stir in oats and oat bran. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with brown sugar if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Apple-Banana Oatmeal
Sort By :
"I found this recipe to produce a lump of paste that was hard to swallow. I modified it by doubling the amount of water and found the texture much improved and was able to enjoy the taste. Rule of thumb: Use 2 parts water for each part of oatmeal or oat bran, 3 parts water for each part of steel cut oats."