Apple-Balsamic Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup apple jelly
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet brown chops in oil. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Add apple cider to the skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in the broth, jelly and vinegar. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/3 cup.
- 3. Return chops to the skillet. Cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until meat is tender, turning once. Add butter and stir until melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with about 1 tablespoon sauce equals 298 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 499 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Apple-Balsamic Pork Chops
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.