Apple-Balsamic Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup apple jelly
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet brown chops in oil. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Add apple cider to the skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in the broth, jelly and vinegar. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/3 cup.
- 3. Return chops to the skillet. Cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until meat is tender, turning once. Add butter and stir until melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with about 1 tablespoon sauce equals 298 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 499 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Apple-Balsamic Pork Chops
"I'm only giving this a four because I had to add cornstarch to the liquid to get it to reduce. The taste is amazing though!"
"Tasty and simple! Will make again."
"We loved them and they are quick to make."
"These are delicious and so easy to make! Its a salty/sweetness/tangyness that is just wonderful!"
"I'm dubious about trying this recipe; more than 1-1/4 cups liquid will reduce to 1/3 cup in less than 20 minutes?"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.