Apple-Balsamic Pork Chops
When I want to get dinner on the table, I look for recipes that meet my EFF standards—easy, fast and frugal. These sweet and delicious Apple-Balsamic Pork Chops score on all three counts. —Jami Wells, Boise, Idaho
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup apple jelly
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet brown
- chops in oil. Remove and keep warm.
- Add apple cider to the skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from
- pan. Stir in the broth, jelly and vinegar. Bring to a boil; cook
- until liquid is reduced to 1/3 cup.
- Return chops to the skillet. Cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or
- until meat is tender, turning once. Add butter and stir until
- melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop with about 1 tablespoon sauce equals 298 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 499 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch,