Apple Balsamic Chicken Recipe
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds), skin removed
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1. Place chicken in a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the broth, cider, vinegar, lemon juice and seasonings; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- 2. Remove chicken; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid. In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add cooking liquid. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken thigh with 1/3 cup sauce equals 277 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 536 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 25 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.