Apple-Bacon Mini Loaves Recipe
I came up with this recipe for a tailgate party at a University of Tennessee football game. The school colors are orange and white, so the cheddar cheese was just the right touch. —Jay Davis, Knoxville, Tennessee
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped apple
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cheese, bacon and apple.
- 2. Transfer to two greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 mini loaves (6 slices each).
1 slice equals 119 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 263 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC