Apple-Bacon Green Beans Recipe
A friend gave this recipe to me and raved about it. I had questioned the combination of ingredients, but I tried it and my family loves it. —Jenny Rogers Springfield, Missouri
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:5 servings
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1 large tart apple, chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until the apple and beans are tender. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 242 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 308 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC