A friend gave this recipe to me and raved about it. I had questioned the combination of ingredients, but I tried it and my family loves it. —Jenny Rogers Springfield, Missouri
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1 large tart apple, chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until the apple and beans are tender. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Apple-Bacon Green Beans in Reminisce November/December 2004, p49
Reviews for Apple-Bacon Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review