- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1 large tart apple, chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until the apple and beans are tender. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Apple-Bacon Green Beans
Sort By :
"After reading the other reviews, I was very disappointed with this recipe. I went exactly by the directions except to add slightly more green beans than called for. My family did not care for this dish at all. I won't make it again but if I were to, I would cut the vinegar in half."
"I have used this recipe many times, for about 2 years now, and it is a favorite in my family. At first I wasn't sure, but the flavor combinations are fantastic. They are now "famous beans" in our family, and always a requested dish to gatherings. I am happy I found this recipe! Everyone should try it at least once!"
"So easy to make, and its a hit with everyone in my family!"
"I doubled the recipe"