Says contest winner Nancy Miller of Bettendorf, Iowa, "I wanted an inexpensive, healthy egg dish for Sunday brunch, so I came with this recipe. It's hearty and delicious, and the apples give it a slight sweetness."
- 3 eggs
- 1 small apple, diced
- 3/4 cup frozen O'Brien potatoes, thawed
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, divided
- Dash salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the apple, hash browns, milk, sour cream, 3 tablespoons cheese, 1 tablespoon bacon, salt and pepper.
- Pour into two 2-cup baking dishes coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bacon.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Apple-Bacon Egg Bake in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p31
Reviews for Apple-Bacon Egg Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review