Apple-Bacon Egg Bake
Says contest winner Nancy Miller of Bettendorf, Iowa, "I wanted an inexpensive, healthy egg dish for Sunday brunch, so I came with this recipe. It's hearty and delicious, and the apples give it a slight sweetness."
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 eggs
- 1 small apple, diced
- 3/4 cup frozen O'Brien potatoes, thawed
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, divided
- Dash salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the apple, hash browns, milk,
- sour cream, 3 tablespoons cheese, 1 tablespoon bacon, salt and
- Pour into two 2-cup baking dishes coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle
- with remaining cheese and bacon.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (prepared with reduced-fat sour cream and reduced-fat cheese) equals 372 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 357 mg cholesterol, 510 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.