Apple-Bacon Egg Bake Recipe
- 3 large eggs
- 1 small apple, diced
- 3/4 cup frozen O'Brien potatoes, thawed
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, divided
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the apple, hash browns, milk, sour cream, 3 tablespoons cheese, 1 tablespoon bacon, salt and pepper.
- 2. Pour into two 2-cup baking dishes coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bacon.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 372 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 357mg cholesterol, 510mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Apple-Bacon Egg Bake
"The apples really give it a different taste. I think I would have liked cinnamon in this as well if keeping the apples. I am going to try it also without the apples and with diced green onions instead as I think it would also be a good more traditional recipe. I like the small size recipe."
"This has become a family Sunday morning favorite. We use about 2.5 times batch into the 9X13 pan. It must bake about 45-50 mins in the pan. Also excellent with a little diced ham in it. We use fresh grated sweet potatoes instead of the frozen o-brien potatoes. We really like the flavor and the additional nutritional/diabetic benefits. Also excellent with Original almond milk in place of the regular."
"Can anyone also give me the recipe for a 9 X 13 pan"
"Does anyone have the amounts to use, if you wanted to make this in a 9x13 pan? email@example.com"