Apple-Bacon Egg Bake Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 small apple, diced
- 3/4 cup frozen O'Brien potatoes, thawed
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, divided
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the apple, hash browns, milk, sour cream, 3 tablespoons cheese, 1 tablespoon bacon, salt and pepper.
- 2. Pour into two 2-cup baking dishes coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bacon.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (prepared with reduced-fat sour cream and reduced-fat cheese) equals 372 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 357 mg cholesterol, 510 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.