- longer. Cool slightly.
- Place the cranberries, parsley, oil, garlic and apple mixture in a
- food processor; cover and process until finely chopped.
- Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of the roast to within 1/2 in.
- of bottom. Open roast so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap.
- Flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Remove wrap; spread apple butter on
- one long side of tenderloin to within 1/4 in. of edges. Top with
- apple mixture. Close meat; tie with kitchen string. Place on a rack
- in a shallow roasting pan; rub with salt and coriander.
- Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a thermometer reads
- 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients; bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-14 minutes or until
- slightly thickened. Serve with pork; top with reserved walnuts.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 ounces cooked pork with 3 tablespoons sauce equals 513 calories, 21 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 260 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.