Apple and Walnut Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Red Currant Sauce Recipe
My roasted pork tenderloin is stuffed with two of our favorite ingredients...walnuts and apples. Needless to say, the comforting entree is my family's most requested pork dish. —Gloria Bradley, Naperville, Illinois
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 medium apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pork tenderloin (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/3 cup apple butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup red currant jelly
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dried currants
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1. In a large heavy skillet, melt butter. Add walnuts; cook and stir over medium heat until toasted, about 2 minutes. Remove 1/2 cup for serving. Add apple to the remaining walnuts; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Cool slightly.
- 2. Place the cranberries, parsley, oil, garlic and apple mixture in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped.
- 3. Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of the roast to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open roast so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Remove wrap; spread apple butter on one long side of tenderloin to within 1/4 in. of edges. Top with apple mixture. Close meat; tie with kitchen string. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; rub with salt and coriander.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- 5. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-14 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with pork; top with reserved walnuts. Yield: 6 servings.
3 ounces cooked pork with 3 tablespoons sauce: 513 calories, 21g fat (4g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 260mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Apple and Walnut Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Red Currant Sauce
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC