Apple and Walnut Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Red Currant Sauce Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 medium apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pork tenderloin (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/3 cup apple butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup red currant jelly
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dried currants
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- In a large heavy skillet, melt butter. Add walnuts; cook and stir over medium heat until toasted, about 2 minutes. Remove 1/2 cup for serving. Add apple to the remaining walnuts; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Cool slightly.
- Place the cranberries, parsley, oil, garlic and apple mixture in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped.
- Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of the roast to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open roast so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Remove wrap; spread apple butter on one long side of tenderloin to within 1/4 in. of edges. Top with apple mixture. Close meat; tie with kitchen string. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; rub with salt and coriander.
- Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-14 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with pork; top with reserved walnuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Apple and Walnut Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Red Currant Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p84
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Apple and Walnut Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Red Currant Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >