Apple and Walnut Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Red Currant Sauce Recipe
My roasted pork tenderloin is stuffed with two of our favorite ingredients...walnuts and apples. Needless to say, the comforting entree is my family's most requested pork dish. —Gloria Bradley, Naperville, Illinois
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 medium apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pork tenderloin (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/3 cup apple butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup red currant jelly
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dried currants
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- In a large heavy skillet, melt butter. Add walnuts; cook and stir over medium heat until toasted, about 2 minutes. Remove 1/2 cup for serving. Add apple to the remaining walnuts; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Cool slightly.
- Place the cranberries, parsley, oil, garlic and apple mixture in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped.
- Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of the roast to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open roast so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Remove wrap; spread apple butter on one long side of tenderloin to within 1/4 in. of edges. Top with apple mixture. Close meat; tie with kitchen string. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; rub with salt and coriander.
- Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-14 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with pork; top with reserved walnuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Apple and Walnut Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Red Currant Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p84
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Apple and Walnut Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Red Currant Sauce(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >