Apple and Pear Topping Recipe
- 3 large apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium pear, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a large skillet, combine the apples, pear, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons water, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Cook and stir over medium heat for 4-7 minutes or until fruit is tender.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve over ice cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 3 cups.
1/2 cup (calculated with 1/2 cup reduced-fat ice cream) equals 197 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 45 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1 starch.
Reviews for Apple and Pear Topping
"Delicious! I served this over Ben & Jerry's Cinnamon Roll ice cream."