Apple and Gorgonzola Salad Recipe
This dressing is one my Grandmother used to make. I added the Gorgonzola. I mistakenly marinated the apples in the dressing for a few hours one day and it tasted so good, I do it every time now.
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium red apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 cups torn curly endive
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the cream, vinegar, salt and pepper. Stir in the apple and cheese. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Divide endive between two plates; top with apple mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup endive with 1/2 cup apple mixture equals 358 calories, 30 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 709 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC