Apple and Goat Cheese Salad Recipe
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup green grapes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the greens, apples, raisins and grapes. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, honey, lemon juice and garlic. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts and goat cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 133 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 31mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Apple and Goat Cheese Salad
"This was a very tasty and filling salad. Will definitely make it again."
"Try liquid or powdered Stevia in the dressing as a substitute for honey. Keep in mind that it is 300x as sweet as sugar, so only a tiny amount is needed. Stevia is a natural, herbal sweetener that has all kinds of uses."
"tastydog1, An easy way to eliminate honey from the diet is to substitute it with the sugar-free varieties of pure maple syrup, light or dark corn syrup or molasses.Read more: Sugar Free Honey Substitutes | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_7354744_sugar-honey-substitutes.html#ixzz16zbrKqmE"
"Is there something else I could substitute for the honey. I'm diabetic and shouldn't have honey. The only thing I can think of off hand is maybe a little Splenda."
"delicious and easy"
"Great recipe! Made it 3 x already and getting ready to make it again -- Highly recommended!"