Apple and Goat Cheese Salad
“This salad is a light and delicious side dish for almost any meal. The sweetness of the apples, raisins and grapes combines well with the tart goat cheese and dressing.”
-Radelle Knappenberger of Oviedo, Florida
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup green grapes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the greens, apples, raisins and grapes. In a
- small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, honey, lemon juice and garlic.
- Pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts and goat
- cheese. Yield: 8 servings.