Apple-Almond Stuffing Recipe
- 3/4 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (12 ounces) seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1-1/2 cups chopped apples
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried sage leaves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups apple cider or juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a Dutch oven, cook sausage, celery, onion and garlic over medium heat until sausage no longer pink; drain. Add broth, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Add butter; cook and stir until butter is melted. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in stuffing cubes, apples, cranberries, almonds, sage, thyme, pepper, salt and enough cider to reach desired moistness. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Apple-Almond Stuffing(5)
Sort By :
This was very good. Could be a meal by itself.
Different, but so good! Everyone loved it and I will make it again for sure!
Definitely will make this again.
I didn't make the sausage with it, one of my diners was vegetarian. Everyone raved about it and wanted me to make it my regular stuffing for Thanksgiving.
This is so good!
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Apple Stuffing >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cranberry Stuffing >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >
- Sausage Stuffing >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >