- Transfer to a large bowl. Add the bread cubes, almonds, currants,
- broth and juice; toss well.
- Just before baking, stuff the turkey. Skewer openings; tie drumsticks
- together. Place on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 4-1/2 to 5 hours or until
- thermometer reads 180° for the turkey and 165° for the
- stuffing. When the turkey begins to brown, cover lightly with foil
- and baste if needed. Yield: 12 servings (12 cups stuffing).
Editor's Note: Stuffing may be baked separately in a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 hour; uncover and bake 10 minutes more.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 778 calories, 30 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 230 mg cholesterol, 973 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 87 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer