- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup sliced blanched almonds
- 2 pitted dried plums, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 4 dried apple slices, halved
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Melt butter in a nonstick saucepan. Add almonds; cook and stir over medium heat until lightly browned. Stir in plums, raisins and apple slices; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Apple Almond Pilaf in Taste of Home October/November 1998, p16
Reviews for Apple Almond Pilaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 24, 2013
"I found this in an old TOH mag next to a yogurt biscuit recipe I use faithfully...it was great! What a different flavor the honey adds to the rice. My toddler loved it too, which is always a hit. I'll be making this again and passing it on."