"This pilaf is packed with a delightful mix of tastes and textures," reports Mary Patterson of Bethel, Connecticut. "It's great for a dinner party or just to treat your family."
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup sliced blanched almonds
- 2 pitted dried plums, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 4 dried apple slices, halved
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Melt butter in a nonstick saucepan. Add almonds; cook and stir over medium heat until lightly browned. Stir in plums, raisins and apple slices; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Apple Almond Pilaf in Taste of Home October/November 1998, p16
Reviews for Apple Almond Pilaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review