Apple-a-Day Casserole Recipe
This sweet-tart casserole is a fun change of pace from traditional vegetable side dishes. It's super-quick to prepare if you use a food processor to slice the apples and carrots. The unique combination complements chicken, fish and pork. -Elizabeth Erwin, Syracuse, New York
- 6 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 6 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1. Combine apples and carrots; place in a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Drizzle with orange juice. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and nutmeg; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apple mixture. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until the carrots are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 150 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 45 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Apple-a-Day Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC