Apple 'n' Prosciutto Sandwiches Recipe
Prepared on an indoor grill, these Italian-style sandwiches are spread with homemade rosemary pesto. They’re wonderful on a cool day with a bowl of butternut squash soup. —Elizabeth Bennett, Mill Creek, Washington
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 loaf (12 ounces) focaccia bread
- 8 thin slices prosciutto
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 6 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed and sliced
- 1. In a blender, combine the oil, walnuts, cheese and rosemary; cover and process until blended and nuts are finely chopped. With a bread knife, split focaccia into two horizontal layers. Spread rosemary mixture over cut sides of bread.
- 2. On bottom of bread, layer the prosciutto, apple and Brie; replace bread top. Cut into quarters.
- 3. Cook on an indoor grill for 2-3 minutes or until bread is browned and cheese is melted. To serve, cut each wedge in half. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC