Apple 'n' Prosciutto Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 loaf (12 ounces) focaccia bread
- 8 thin slices prosciutto
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 6 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed and sliced
- In a blender, combine the oil, walnuts, cheese and rosemary; cover and process until blended and nuts are finely chopped. With a bread knife, split focaccia into two horizontal layers. Spread rosemary mixture over cut sides of bread.
- On bottom of bread, layer the prosciutto, apple and Brie; replace bread top. Cut into quarters.
- Cook on an indoor grill for 2-3 minutes or until bread is browned and cheese is melted. To serve, cut each wedge in half. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Apple 'n' Prosciutto Sandwiches(2)
Sort By :
My husband and I loved this, but I altered it some. I used a italian seasoning grinder instead of the rosemary, portuguese rolls instead of focaccia (which I flattened when I grilled), and thinly sliced ham instead of prosciutto. The original version is wonderful, but the budget version is good too. Don't skip the dressing. It's great!
This is very good. Don't skimp on the quality of your ingredients or you'll know. I tried using a cheaper brands ingredients and did not have as good of a result. I will definitely keep this recipe and make it over and over again.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Apple Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >
- Sandwiches >