- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 loaf (12 ounces) focaccia bread
- 8 thin slices prosciutto
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 6 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed and sliced
- In a blender, combine the oil, walnuts, cheese and rosemary; cover and process until blended and nuts are finely chopped. With a bread knife, split focaccia into two horizontal layers. Spread rosemary mixture over cut sides of bread.
- On bottom of bread, layer the prosciutto, apple and Brie; replace bread top. Cut into quarters.
- Cook on an indoor grill for 2-3 minutes or until bread is browned and cheese is melted. To serve, cut each wedge in half. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Apple 'n' Prosciutto Sandwiches
Sort By :
"My husband and I loved this, but I altered it some. I used a italian seasoning grinder instead of the rosemary, portuguese rolls instead of focaccia (which I flattened when I grilled), and thinly sliced ham instead of prosciutto. The original version is wonderful, but the budget version is good too. Don't skip the dressing. It's great!"
"This is very good. Don't skimp on the quality of your ingredients or you'll know. I tried using a cheaper brands ingredients and did not have as good of a result. I will definitely keep this recipe and make it over and over again."