Apple 'n' Pork Burgers Recipe
- 1/2 cup shredded peeled apple
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup drained unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 slices Swiss cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves, tomato slices, sliced ripe avocado, mustard and mayonnaise, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble pork over mixture; mix well. Shape into two patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Top with cheese. Grill 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato, avocado, mustard and mayonnaise if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Apple 'n' Pork Burgers
Sort By :
"The flavour of these burgers was amazing, however, the recipe needs to include something that helps bind the meat together - mine, like some of the other reviewers experienced, fell apart on my grill! We wound up having pork 'n' apple sloppy joes! :-)I'll be making this again with an egg added in - hopefully it'll stay together this time!"
"made this and my husband loved it."
"These are an awesome change from your regular burger, wow! I followed the recipe pretty much, but instead of crushed pineapple in the burgers I just put slices on top of the cooked burgers. Much better, otherwise it would be too fruity! I took the others' advice and added an egg to hold it together. Also cooked them in the frying pan for 3-4 mins each side, rather than on the grill. Delicious - a taste of the tropics, during spring in Germany!"
"I made this for my family and they loved it! They would be great in meatball form also!"
"Too moist for our grill as it fell apart while cooking. Will definately make again, but maybe over the stove instead."