This pork burger recipe is a favorite of ours. We had a similar burger in Hawaii and once home, I experimented and came up with this tasty version that we actually prefer to the original. I like to serve them with a salad or fresh corn on the cob. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
- 1/2 cup shredded peeled apple
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup drained unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 slices Swiss cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves, tomato slices, sliced ripe avocado, mustard and mayonnaise, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble pork over mixture; mix well. Shape into two patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Top with cheese. Grill 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato, avocado, mustard and mayonnaise if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Apple 'n' Pork Burgers in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008, p17
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Apple 'n' Pork Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review