Apple 'n' Pepper Saute Recipe
This colorful side dish blends apple slices, red onion rings and sweet pepper strips in a light soy sauce and herb glaze. This crisp-tender toss is from Emily Guidry of Breaux Bridge, Louisiana.
- 3 medium sweet peppers, julienned
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1. Saute the peppers, onion and apple in oil in a large nonstick skillet until crisp-tender. Stir in the soy sauce, garlic, rosemary and basil. Cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup equals 83 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Apple 'n' Pepper Saute
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC