Apple 'n' Pear Kabobs Recipe
Instead of a fruit platter, serve these fun kabobs from Robin Boynton of Harbor Beach, Michigan. Drizzled with a yummy, warm butter pecan sauce, these treats will pretty up your party spread.
- 5 medium apples, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 medium pears, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- BUTTER PECAN SAUCE:
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Toss apples and pears with lemon juice. Thread fruit alternately onto 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sugars and cornstarch. Gradually stir in cream until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 3. Remove from the heat; stir in butter until smooth. Add pecans. Serve warm with kabobs. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 195 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 18 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Apple 'n' Pear Kabobs
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC