Instead of a fruit platter, serve these fun kabobs from Robin Boynton of Harbor Beach, Michigan. Drizzled with a yummy, warm butter pecan sauce, these treats will pretty up your party spread.
- 5 medium apples, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 medium pears, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- BUTTER PECAN SAUCE:
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Toss apples and pears with lemon juice. Thread fruit alternately onto 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sugars and cornstarch. Gradually stir in cream until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in butter until smooth. Add pecans. Serve warm with kabobs. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Apple 'n' Pear Kabobs in Taste of Home December/January 2007, p38
Reviews for Apple 'n' Pear Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review