Apple 'n' Beef Bean Bake Recipe
Slightly sweet apples blend beautifully with savory ground beef and baked beans. You can easily double the recipe for a potluck.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) baked beans
- 3 medium tart apples, diced
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 235 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 534 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC