- 2 to 3 pound Roseland Half Pork Loin
- 6 cups water, divided
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup Berryhill Honey
- 3/4 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt, divided, plus additional to taste
- 1 cup Southern Grove Chopped Pecans
- 2 tablespoons Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter
- 4 Granny Smith apples, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Baker's Corner Brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper, plus additional to taste
- 6 ounces Specially Selected Plain Goat Cheese Log, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons Carlini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Slice the pork loin into 1-inch thick chops.
- In a medium pot, bring 4 cups water, lemon juice, honey and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add 2 cups cold water. Pour the brine into a plastic container large enough for the chops. Add the chops, brine overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place pecans on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- For the stuffing: In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the apple slices, brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Sauté until tender. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Add the chopped pecans and goat cheese.
- Remove the chops from the brine.
- Slit each chop horizontally to create a large hole for the stuffing.
- Spoon the stuffing into the chops. Season each chop with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sear each chop in extra virgin olive oil.
- Place chops on a baking pan and bake for 20-30 minutes until internal temperature is 155-160°. Yield: 7-8 chops.
Originally published as Apple, Goat Cheese & Pecan-Stuffed Pork Chops Provided by ALDI 2013
Reviews for Apple, Goat Cheese & Pecan-Stuffed Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review