Apple, Blue Cheese & Bibb Salad for Two
Red or Golden Delicious apples add a burst of fall flavor to this simple salad. Blue cheese and toasted walnuts make it even more special. —Rebekah Beyer, Sabetha, Kansas
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon white balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon mustard seed, toasted
- 1/8 teaspoon stone-ground mustard (whole grain)
- Dash salt
- Dash coarsely ground pepper
- 1 cup torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 3/4 cup chopped Red and/or Golden Delicious apple
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons walnut halves, toasted
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- In a small bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients until blended. In
- a bowl, combine lettuce, apple and cheese. Drizzle with dressing and
- toss to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts and raisins. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 299 calories, 24 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 328 mg sodium,