After I tasted these wraps in a small bistro, I decided to try to make my own. I think I succeeded as the result is smooth, crunchy, sweet, salty and delightful.
- 3/4 cup almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashews, toasted
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 flavored flour tortillas of your choice (8 inches)
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 medium apple, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup canned pineapple tidbits
- Place the first six ingredients in a food processor. Cover and process until blended. Spread over tortillas.
- Combine the remaining ingredients; sprinkle over nut mixture. Roll up tightly and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut each into six slices. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Apple, Almond & Cashew Wraps in Reminisce August/September 2011, p51
Reviews for Apple, Almond & Cashew Wraps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review