Before you turn your apples into cobbler or pie, consider this unique relish. On burgers, brats or served along side pork, this sweet and savory condiment will be a game-changer at your next cookout.
Recommended: 65 Heart-Healthy Suppers
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chopped peeled Braeburn or other apples (about 4 medium)
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- In a nonreactive Dutch oven, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until onions are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a large bowl; cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate, covered, at least 6-8 hours before serving. May refrigerate up to 2 weeks. Yield: about 7 cups.
Originally published as Apple & Sweet Pepper Relish in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews for Apple & Sweet Pepper Relish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 8, 2015
"This recipe makes alot, but our family loves it. We think it tastes better than the recipe that Cracker Barrel has."