My family loves pork tenderloin, so I created this hearty meal. This slightly sweet preparation is one of our favorites. It's also an impressive dish for company.—Joyce Moynihan, Lakeville, Minnesota.
Recommended: 30 Pork Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium tart apple, sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons thawed apple juice concentrate
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Mix the first five ingredients. Cut tenderloin crosswise into eight slices; pound each with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle pork with seasoning mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add apple; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. In batches, brown pork on both sides; remove from pan.
- Add broth and wine to pan, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Mix cornstarch and apple juice concentrate until smooth; stir into broth mixture. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Return pork and apple to pan. Reduce heat to medium; cook, covered, 3-5 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Apple & Spice Pork Tenderloin in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2016, p149
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Apple & Spice Pork Tenderloin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review