- 6 medium sweet potatoes (about 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Place on a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 45-60 minutes or until tender.
- When cool enough to handle, cut off a thin slice from the top of each potato; discard. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in. thick shells; transfer to a large bowl. Mash pulp with butter, adding brown sugar and orange peel. Fold in apple and pecans.
- Spoon into potato shells. Return to baking pan. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Apple & Pecan Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Sort By :
"I omitted the orange peel because I didn't have any oranges in the house. I added some goat cheese because my kids and husband like everything better with cheese. Delicious!"
"Made this for dinner tonight. Very tasty. It is a keeper for sure....I didn't make any changes....."
"This was excellent. I did leave out the sugar and did 2 apples instead of one. I was short on prep. and baking time, so I did all of the cooking in the microwave. I was able to prep, bake and have them on the table in 30 minutes. My husband thought they were delicious and all 6 of the children liked them."