- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk, divided
- 1/3 cup shredded peeled apple
- 1/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, whisk egg, yogurt and 2 tablespoons milk; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Stir in apple, cheese and sage.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 10 times. Divide dough in half; pat each portion into a 6-in. circle. Cut each circle into eight wedges; cut each wedge in half.
- Transfer to parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Brush tops with remaining milk; sprinkle with sugar. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 32 scones.
Reviews for Apple & Cheddar Mini Scones
"Oh my goodness! These are delicious! I hope to make them often! Thank you for sharingFive stars from me!"
"These are so good to make on a crisp fall morning. Highly recommended these!"
"I made these today for breakfast to go with my homemade apple butter. I did make a few changes, one thing that I always do is switch out half of the flour for whole wheat pastry flour. I also did not have vanilla yogurt so I used light sour cream and added 1 TB honey and 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract. They were very light and airy and just the right amount of savory and sweet."
"Rich and tender. I would use more sage next time. My kids ate them just fine."