Apple & Blackberry Pie Recipe
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 pounds tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons coarse sugar
- Divide dough in half so that one portion is slightly larger than the other; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out larger portion of dough to fit a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate.
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, blackberries, butter and lemon juice. Combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg; add to fruit mixture and toss to coat. Place in crust.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry. Brush with cream; sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 55-65 minutes or until golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cover edges with foil during the last 30 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Apple & Blackberry Pie(4)
Sort By :
AWESOME!! I'll be making this again and again and again. I used frozen blackberries and it turned out fine.
A runny sloppy mess. Baked 80 minutes and the apples still weren't done. My oven is calibrated correctly so that is not the problem. Anyway a waste of good fruit.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Pie >
- Apple Pie Recipes >
- Apple Pie Recipes with Fresh Apples >
- Apple Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blackberry Pie Recipes >
- Blackberry Pies >
- Blackberry Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >