A friend gave me this recipe, and whenever I serve these pretty and delicious appetizers, people ask me for the recipe, too! Besides being attractive and tasty, the pinwheels can be made ahead of time and sliced just before serving, leaving you time for other last-minute party preparations. —Pat Waymire, Yellow Springs, Ohio
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, well drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Garlic powder to taste
- Seasoned salt to taste
- 5 flour tortillas (10 inches), room temperature
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- In a large bowl, beat the first eight ingredients until blended. Spread over the tortillas; roll up tightly. Wrap each with plastic wrap, twisting ends; refrigerate for several hours.
- Unwrap; cut into 1/2-in. to 3/4-in. slices. (An electric knife works best.) Discard ends. Garnish with parsley. Serve with salsa if desired. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Appetizer Tortilla Pinwheels in Country Woman November/December 1988, p29
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Appetizer Tortilla Pinwheels
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review