Appetizer Tortilla Pinwheels Recipe
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, well drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Garlic powder to taste
- Seasoned salt to taste
- 5 flour tortillas (10 inches), room temperature
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- In a large bowl, beat the first eight ingredients until blended. Spread over the tortillas; roll up tightly. Wrap each with plastic wrap, twisting ends; refrigerate for several hours.
- Unwrap; cut into 1/2-in. to 3/4-in. slices. (An electric knife works best.) Discard ends. Garnish with parsley. Serve with salsa if desired. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Appetizer Tortilla Pinwheels
Sort By :
I've made these for years and they're always a great appetizer. The best plus is that they need to be made ahead of time to give the filling ingredients a change to blend together. That means that you can devote more time to those appetizers that have to wait until just before serving to be prepared. To fix the "these are kind of bland" issue: add half a package (or more, depending on your taste) of taco seasoning to the sour cream/cream cheese mixture. That gives the pinwheels an extra boost of flavor. I disagree with the "discard the ends" instructions. Those are just as good as the inner slices--they just don't look as pretty. :)
tasty and easy..everyone always loves them. I been making this recipe for 30+ years
An oldie but a goodie.
I don't think these were all that great but man my sister does! Out of everything she has tasted and ate that I make she always asks me to make these for her. They taste ok to me they do look awful pretty when you display them on a pretty platter.
Every year my kids request these for our Christmas Eve dinner and for our Superbowl party. I have never put in olives because no one in my family likes them. Be sure to refrigerate these like the recipe says so all the flavors blend nicely. I have never discarded the ends.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizer Roll-up Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Appetizers >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Mexican Appetizers >
- Mexican Recipes >