Appetizer Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 12 large fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 sliced bread, toasted and cut into small cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash paprika
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Remove stems from mushrooms; set caps aside. Finely chop stems; measure 1/2 cup (discard any remaining stems or save for another use). In a skillet, saute chopped mushrooms, onion and green pepper in butter until vegetables are tender and mushroom liquid has evaporated.
- 2. Add toast cubes, onion salt, garlic salt, pepper, thyme and paprika; mix well. Stuff into mushroom caps. Place on greased baking sheets. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each (calculated without Parmesan cheese) equals 36 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 262 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.