Appetizer Shrimp Kabobs
Talk about fuss-free! I love this appetizer because the skewers are simple to assemble, and they grill to perfection in minutes. Guests enjoy them alongside spicy seafood sauce.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + standing Grill: 5 min.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 32 uncooked medium shrimp (about 1 pound), peeled and deveined
- Seafood cocktail sauce
- In a shallow bowl, combine the oil and garlic; let stand for 30
- minutes. In another bowl, combine bread crumbs and seafood
- seasoning. Dip shrimp in oil mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Thread onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill kabobs, covered,
- over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Serve
- with seafood sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (4 shrimp, calculated without seafood sauce) equals 133 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 142 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as