Appetizer Roll-Ups Recipe
- ROAST BEEF ROLL-UPS:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced banana peppers
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced cooked roast beef
- HAM AND TURKEY ROLL-UPS:
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 4 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced cooked turkey
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, cilantro, peppers and garlic. Spread about 2 tablespoons on each slice of beef. Roll up tightly and wrap in plastic wrap.
- 2. For ham and turkey rolls, in another bowl, combine the cream cheese, carrot, zucchini and dill. Spread about 2 tablespoons on each slice of ham and turkey. Roll up tightly; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Slice the roll-ups into 1-1/2-in. pieces. Yield: 6-7 dozen.
3 each: 96 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 213mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Appetizer Roll-Ups
"Great low-carb and tasty alternative to tortilla rolls-ups"
"I prepared the Roast Beef Roll-Ups and did not make any changes to the recipe since we like all of the original ingredients. These were easy to prepare and tasted delicious. They made a nice low-carb addition to our party menu."
"Delicious. However, the first time I made the recipe I made the mistake of using whipped cream cheese. not realizing the cheese does not set up well for ease of cutting into bite-sized pices. I thought the pre-whipped cheese would cut out one step of the process. Also I sprinkled the zucchini and carrot over the cheese after the cheese was spread onto the meat slices. That worked okay too."
"These are great to throw together if unexpected guests visit. It's filling and presents so nicely on a serving plate. I've also used these as a snack when the kids come home from school. So handy to pick up and go!"
"made these a few months ago for a party and people could not get enough they were gone in seconds.had people ask me for recipe."
"easy and good. friend love these"
"The roast beef roll ups were good with the filling, but the ham and turkey with their filling were not good at all"
"I've been making these for 30 years...make a lot...they go FAST!!"
"This is an old time fav of mine but I do a little different. I sometimes use veggie flavor cream cheese or whip up my own w/ some salt/pepper, dill, green onion, parsley, whatever you want, even plain BUT I TAKE A PICKEL (ANY KIND)AND SLICE UP LONG WAYS, PLACE ON HAM OR TURKEY & ROLL UP. I AM ALWAYS ASKED TO BRING THIS ONE TO FUNCTIONS."
"Wonderful recipes! I added some cheddar cheese to the Roast Beef Roll-ups, and they were fantastic!"
"Made these for New Year's they were very tasty and easy to make."
"Brought these to a holiday party- they were well received, very tasty."
"These roll-ups are awesome, a huge hit at every gathering. Its worth the time to make this special gems."
"I thought this was a great appetizer, I brought them to a x-mas party and they were all gone, great finger food!"