Appetizer Roll-Ups Recipe
Cream cheese and a variety of herbs and vegetables make even deli cold cuts a fancy and filling appetizer. Bite-size pieces look so pretty set on a platter in a circle. But the arrangement never stays complete for very long once this snack is served. —Marcella Funk, Salem, Oregon
- ROAST BEEF ROLL-UPS:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced banana peppers
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced cooked roast beef
- HAM AND TURKEY ROLL-UPS:
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 4 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced cooked turkey
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, cilantro, peppers and garlic. Spread about 2 tablespoons on each slice of beef. Roll up tightly and wrap in plastic wrap.
- 2. For ham and turkey rolls, in another bowl, combine the cream cheese, carrot, zucchini and dill. Spread about 2 tablespoons on each slice of ham and turkey. Roll up tightly; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Slice the roll-ups into 1-1/2-in. pieces. Yield: 6-7 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 96 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 213 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC